Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Babe in Boyland, chap. 20

I'm still reading Babe in Boyland. Natalie has now spent three days at Underwood Boy's Academy as Nat Rodgers. The guys there have already firmly established her status as less than worthy. It's difficult for her to tramp down her instinctive girl behavoir, some things were so subtle I didn't even realize that girls do them until I read this book. Almost everything she does is wrong in the eyes of the guys she lives with so at first she is stuck at the bottom of the social pyramid with Tyler, Max, and Earl. All three of them are kind and willingly welcome her into their group, unfortunately they don't have any answers for her questions. She has to find a way to gain the respect of the "uppercrust" guys to get more information if she is to write her article. She accidentally achieves this when she is caught reporting her experiences back to her two best friends in the drama prop closet. Some incorrect conclusions are drawn and Nat is welcomed among the jocks. This book constantly has me laughing. I feel so bad for Natalie and all the awkward situations she finds her self in. Like when her voice acciddentally slips or she is faced with the all boy locker rooms and restrooms, or even when her ultra-handsome roomate sets her up on a date with his sister. I find this book opens up a new perspective on the differences between girls and guys, especially in the ways we act and how we respond to different situations or even how we judge others. This book is really good so I don't think it'll take until next Monday for the next blog. I suppose it's a good thing though. I wouldn't want to ruin the ending for anyone who wanted to read it, which I highly reccomend.

No comments:

Post a Comment