Monday, September 12, 2011

Week two

I’m at page 81 in my book. So far I have noticed that Sam is learning more and more every day. He trained his falcon to hunt for him. He learned to seasoned his food with salt from hickory and also wild garlic and other plants. He hides from people. He named animals for example he named a weasel and a raccoon. He also named his falcon.
He takes a deer from a hunter and uses it for food and other things such as clothing and a door. He learns how to trap deer. He stores his extra food. He smokes or dries most of his food. He finds a man. The man is a criminal so he thinks. He talks to him anyway and invites him to stay. Sam really misses other people to talk to.
What this story reminds me so far is camping. This story also reminds me of going hunting and fishing. It also reminds me of getting lost out in the woods. It reminds me of when I went bow hunting and a porcupine walked out in front of me and started making noises at me for the longest time and then ran off.
What this story makes me feel, it makes me feel lonely like Sam. It makes feel scared when Sam is scared or nervous. When I get really into the book I feel like I’m with Sam out in the woods trying everything to survive out in the woods. I can also feel the need to talk to someone when you are lonely. I can also feel how excited Sam is when he catches something big like a deer or something.
What questions I have. My first question is if his parents will ever come looking for him? My second question is who is this stranger? Third and final question is this stranger bad?
307 words

No comments:

Post a Comment