Monday, September 19, 2011

Week three

I’m on page 131 in my book that I’m reading My Side Of The Mountain. I have began to notice more and more that as the story goes on Sam learns new things and that living off the land is getting that much easier. I also noticed that Sam has started to use everything on his food that he gets. He has gotten bigger and needs new clothes so he makes some using deer hides.
Sam knows that winter is coming by noticing the change in the weasel’s fur that lives next to Sam’s tree and also that the birds start to migrate south. He begins to prepare for winter. I noticed that he gathered more food and learned more ways to store his food for winter. I also noticed how he needed to store wood.
This part of the story reminds me how the weather changes and so does almost everything in fall to winter. For example the leaves on the tree change color and fall off. Then when the cold sets in it reminds me of going outside and then needing a jacket of some sort. When it finally snows it reminds and Sam begins to go outside and play and dig tunnels, it reminds me of when I was little and going and playing in it. This part also reminds me of going deer hunting just at the end when there is 2 to 3 ft of snow on the ground and walking for miles in it.
I felt worried like Sam did when he knew that winter was coming while reading this story. I was also felt lonely when Sam does when reading. I also feel pretty excited when reading just after it snows and pretty happy.
I have a few Questions for this story, they are will Sam stay out there in the mountains forever? Will he enough supplies for the rest of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment