Monday, September 26, 2011

week four

Today I finished my book. Near the end of this book I noticed that the main character Sam loses the sense to hide from people. It all starts when he talks to this kid that is a reporter and he goes off and publishes stuff about Sam. Then I noticed that he talks to people and starts to invite people to his tree. I also noticed that he wanted to be found. I noticed that he becomes a different person in the end then what he was in the beginning. He doesn’t care about staying in known to people; he also starts to think of the company as an everyday thing.
I felt the lost in the sense that he wanted to stay hidden or unknown to the people outside of the woods. I also felt the need to talk to someone while reading this book just like Sam did near the end. I felt the fear that Sam had when the photographer found him. I also felt the joy that he feels when his family comes to visit him, and also the sadness that he feels when they try to make the woods homier for him.
This book reminds me of going camping and hunting and also fishing. This book reminds me of camping by how he stays in the woods and sleeps by the fire and cooks his own food. It reminds me of hunting by how he hunts and traps for animals. It also reminds me of hunting by how he gets deer during deer season because of hunters and how he takes the deer from the hunters. It reminds me of fishing because he goes fishing and also makes a raft to go fishing out in the middle of the steams to catch fish, just like I use a boat to go fishing out in the middle of a lake.
I have only one question and that is about how the book ended. My question is does Sam go home with his family? I ask this question because it just ends with his mom talking to Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment