Monday, October 3, 2011

Week Five

I started a new book it On The Far Side of The Mountain by Jean Craighead-George. I’m on page 29. I the begging the main character Sam Gribley starts to talk about how his family came to visit and then how he got stuck with his little sister. I feel his pain. I noticed how he felt about his sister. Then his falcon which helps provide food for him and his sister Alice.
I noticed in the story that he was over joyed that his sister was staying with him I am just joking although he somewhat happy to have a person to talk to. i also noticed that he really depends on his pet falcon Frightful. I also noticed that with his sisters help he can do more things like build bigger things. I noticed that he has to get more food being that his sister is living with him. I also noticed that he had to change up his routine being that he had someone else with him. Another thing that i noticed in the story so far is that he uses other people for help and also goes to town more he isn’t trying to hide from people anymore.
I feel his sadness when a conservation officer comes and takes his falcon away from him. I also feel the need to be alone when this happens. I also feel his concern when he starts to think what his he going to do without Frightful.
It reminds me of going hunting and fishing. This story also reminds me of going camping with my family. It also reminds me of building things with my sisters. It reminds me of going out the woods and playing around in the trees.
I have a couple of questions so far and they are: What is going to happen to Sam and his sister Alice? Will Sam ever get Frightful back? (318)

No comments:

Post a Comment